Smoothies are drinks made from pureeing different fruit/plant-based materials together in other to harness the combination of its combined flavour, tastes and nutrients.
One of the best smoothies anyone can easily make using easily available material is the tiger nut smoothie.
Here I share with you 2 different recipes of tiger nut smoothies.
- 2 cups (500 ml)
- 200gms tiger nuts… Fresh
- Medium size coconut
- 5 to 10 pieces Date fruit
- 2 spoons of Honey
- 1/4 medium size Water melon (optional)
- 1½ cup of clean water
After washing all your materials.
- First take your coconut flesh, cut into smaller chunks and put into a power blender.
- Add your already unseeded date fruit
- Add you unseeded watermelon and blend till near smooth while adding water as it thickens..
- Add your honey and rinsed it in with water and blend some more till very smooth.
- Now get a bow, place a clean cheese cloth into it and pour in your blended materia and sieve into the bowl pressing out as much juice as possible..
- To get more rich juice out of the shaft, add the remaining half cup water and press again.
- Pour into a cup, and your nutrient dense smoothie is ready to drink.. You can add ice to it and drink away .
- Or pour into a can and let to chill.
It can stay in the fridge for days but way longer if frozen.
The second recipe involves just replacing your coconut with a medium-size soursop fruit that has been peeled and unseeded.
Health Benefits of Tiger Nut Smoothie
The following are possible health benefits this smoothie offers due to the individual health benefits of the constituent materials:
- Immunity boost
- Detoxification of the body due to antioxidant
- Anti inflammatory benefit
- Provides electrolyte balance
- Prevention of heart disease
- Promotion of healthy skin and hair
- Promotion of gastrointestinal health
- Prevention of anaemia
- Improved brain function
- Cancer prevention
- Diabetes prevention
- Reduced chance of night blindness
- Improvement of bone health
- Improves male sexual health
- Its just refreshing.
If you are the type that like some spiciness, you could add little ginger or clove to it which further increases the health benefits.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa
See also: Ankara Wedding Styles
Looking for a custom-made style for you, your wife/hubby or kids? We’re here for you..! Contact us today to have us tailor a dress for you.