Yummy, juicy, and creamy are just a few words to describe this easy seafood sauce. The Jamaican curry shrimp sauce is so easy to make. It is mouthwatering and can be made to fit your diet or taste, as you can substitute or add other ingredients.
- Other seafood like fish and lobster can be added.
- Broccoli can be used if you want more vegetables.
- For thickness, coconut milk or cornstarch can be used.
This cuisine is a staple meal in the Caribbean and Jamaica. You could try out this recipe for a special season or just add it to your food timetable.
Ingredients for Jamaican Curry Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 minced large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- chopped spring onions
- tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 12 red and green bell peppers (julienned).
Optional: 1 scotch bonnet pepper
In seven simple steps, learn how to make Jamaican Curry Shrimp sauce.
- Season your deveined raw shrimp with pepper, salt, and 1 teaspoon curry powder. Your fish and lobster can be used here.
- Over medium heat, pour cooking oil into a saucepan.
- Saute the peppers, onion, garlic, and thyme for about 3 minutes.
- Throw in the shrimp and saute until it turns pink.
- Stir in the tomato paste, spring onions, and coconut milk. Then boil/simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add water to simmer for about a minute (if needed) to allow the shrimp to be firm and the curry sauce to thicken.
- Serve with rice and/or pasta, as well as plantains.
Have you tried making Jamaican Curry Shrimp before? We’d like to hear from you in the comments section below. Please share with your friends.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa