Hello there, today we’ll teach you how you can make chicken nuggets from scratch to finish. Looking to have some pro cooking knowledge? This article is for you!
Homemade chicken nuggets are much healthier and tastier than frozen or fast-food varieties and they’re a cinch to make, too. If you’re ready to put homemade nuggets to the taste test, follow on to learn how you can quickly make chicken nuggets from scratch in your kitchen.
Save time by doubling or tripling this recipe, so you have plenty of extra nuggets to stick in the freezer for future meals. If you cook your nuggets before you freeze them, they’ll be just as convenient as store-bought ones. When you’re ready to eat the nuggets, just pop them in the oven or microwave to warm them.
To make chicken nuggets at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 3 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 3 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 cup of Vegetable oil
- Optional: 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Instructions For Making Chicken Nuggets
- In three individual bowls, separate the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Add a teaspoon of seasoned salt and black pepper to each of the bowls and whisk to combine.
- Trim off the fat from the chicken breasts. Then, chop them up into nugget-sized pieces. You can also cut them into chicken tenders if you prefer.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the bowl of flour and shake off any excess.
- Then, dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides completely.
- Finally, dredge the chicken nuggets into the breadcrumb mixture, again making sure to coat both sides thoroughly.
- Place the chicken nuggets on a cooling rack over a baking sheet if you are going to bake your chicken nuggets. Spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken nuggets in a 425 F oven for 25 minutes. Flip the nuggets halfway through the baking process.
You can also fry them. Heat the cup of oil to 375 F and fry 3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the nuggets hot and fresh with your favourite dipping sauce and watch them disappear.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa
See also: How To Cook Nigerian Black Soup
Looking for a custom-made style for you, your wife/hubby or kids? We’re here for you..! Contact us today to have us tailor a dress for you.