There are different cooking styles you can use to prepare meat to be edible (to convert the meat from the raw form to the consumable form). You can either roast, grill, steam, fry, or boil. Each of these methods requires some unique cooking skills and procedures.
Ingredients For Boiling Meat:
Depending on the desired taste you want to soak your tongue with, there are many ingredients and spices you should consider adding to help you cook a mouth-watering delicacy.
These condiments are important in boiling the meat because of how useful they can help you in cooking. They are used to season the meat and spice it up to your desired taste. The ingredients include:
- Onions: Most times I make use of red onions. But it doesn’t mean it’s only secluded to that. Depending on your desired taste, you may want to explore other types of onions available. So far they’re well chopped, you’re good to go.
- Thyme: Thyme is like a seasoning herb. The aroma of thyme to meats can be so yummy and makes every bite of the meat count. But you have to gauge before you add, so you don’t over add it.
- Maggi cubes: Just like salts, sometimes I start with quarter a cube, till a full cube. Don’t overestimate anything else, it spoils your delicacy. You have to gauge and taste till it soothes.
- Salt: Preferably, I’d advise you to start with a pinch, to quarter, to half, to one tablespoon. Excess salt can spoil your broth, so you have to be careful with it.
- Ginger: There’s a unique flavor that oozes out of the kitchen when you add up grinded balls of ginger to the boiling meat. You can’t wait to bite the meat.
While you add all these ingredients, ensure it doesn’t bleach out the original taste of the meat. For example, I enjoy perceiving the real aroma of beef whenever I’m eating it. The more reason I try to moderate my spices.
Recommended: Yam Porridge vs Yam and Egg Sauce
You must have heard about tenderizers?
Apart from ingredients, there are some other substances that can be used to soften the meat. They are added to the meat prior to boiling them. It helps to soften the meat, making it easy to be cooked when boiled. They’re basically added to the meat prior to when they’re boiled.
How To Boil Meat:
- Cut the meat into sizable sizes, depending on your choice.
- Carefully wash the meat – with clean water – to remove dirt.
- Put the meat (already cut and washed) into a sizable pot that’ll contain it – depending on the size and amount.
- Pour a sizable amount of clean water into the pot – containing the meat. The water should be slightly above the meat. Not so much above it to form a river.
- If the meat hasn’t been seasoned, add all the already mentioned condiments in measures to suit the quantity of the meat.
- Commence heating. Put the pot on the gas or stove or fire wood burners to simmer. Control the heat to avoid burning.
- As the boiling happens, taste for salts and other ingredients to know if any is lacking or needs more amount: Add more if need be.
- Watch the time. Taste. Feel the texture of the meat. Know when to put down the pot.
Unless you want worn-out meat, you can boil it until the meat becomes very soft and tender, but I know we all love to have a tender but firm meat. Your choice rules.
You may want to check out here to know more about how to boil meat.
Why should you boil meat?
Whether poultry, mutton, or beef, meat comes in raw form, boiling meat most times before using it to cook the main dish would make the meat ready to be consumed; already done, easy to be used to cook the main meal. And of course, tasty, yummy, and softer.
Most times, the flavored water used in boiling the meat can serve as a source of flavoring when cooking the main meal. It can add more taste to the whole food when they’re added.
Also, I think it’s much easier to boil the meat first before frying or grilling it. It makes the meat take less time to be done; it makes the meat softer and easier to bite while consuming them.
Boiling meat can be easy, all you need is to know how to boil it. And select a recipe that suits your choice.
Haven’t read to this point, I know you’ve already gleaned the tips on how to boil meat to your desired taste.
Do well to like and share this article.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa
Recommended: How to Cook Nigerian Coconut Rice