Do you need to be a baker to be able to use some little recipes at home? Of course, not. However, this is the misconception of most people. I am not left out. While growing up, I had never loved the kitchen; I had always run away from anything that had to do with it because it was not my place of passion. While others do wonders in the kitchen, I am always with a book.
My mum said, “Keep reading while we are busy here; when you get married, feed your husband and children the book you are always reading.”
Funny, right? But I was never moved by it until recently when my sister was baking a cake; then she said to me. “If you get married, and your children come for vacation at my place, they wouldn’t want to leave ever again.”
“Why?” I asked innocently. “It is so simple; I’ve so many recipes they get to enjoy at my place, which they never get to enjoy at home with you.” She explained.
I felt so sad about what she said, but it was the truth, and I know someone reading this is as guilty as I am. Don’t feel bad because, in this blog post, I will be sharing with you the Honey Bundt Cake Recipe. You can make a snack for your kids, siblings, and partner with this.
What Is Bundt Cake?
You are probably reading this and still confused about the difference between a Bundt cake and the regular cake you have seen. Do not be confused.
The difference between a Bundt cake and a regular cake lies in the difference as different pans are used for it. To make a bundt cake, you need a Bundt pan, and this pan is shaped like a doughnut due to the large hole in the middle.
Are you ready to pull this through?
Honey Bundt Cake Ingredients
The ingredients below are for a Serving of 8-10.
For the cake:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour,
- 1½ cups of honey,
- 1 cup of sour cream,
- ½ cup (1 stick) of softened butter,
- ½ cup of brown sugar,
- 4 eggs,
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon,
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda,
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract,
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger.
For the glaze:
- ⅔ cup of warmed honey,
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar,
- ⅓ cup of melted butter,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla,
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
How To Prepare.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F,
- Grease your bundt pan and set it aside,
- In a big bowl, whisk your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and ginger until fully mixed,
- Mix your cream, butter, brown sugar, eggs one at a time, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer until it is fluffy, then pour into a separate bowl.
- Gently pot the flour mixture into the egg/butter mixture until it is perfectly mixed,
- Add the sour cream, whisk until it is perfect,
- Pour into the greased bundt pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes. Check with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, then it is ready,
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes before glazing,
- To glaze, mix the honey, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Pour over the cake. It is ready to enjoy.
With the above recipe, you can get your cake ready. With the Honey Bundt Cake Recipe, you will come up with a soft, simple, rich in flavor cake and easy to mix. The glaze poured over the cake complements the taste so well.
You can bake it as a dessert, breakfast, take-out snacks, appreciation or surprise snack, etc. You have a new recipe added to other cooking recipes you possess.
I have fallen in love with this Honey Bundt Cake with glaze; what about you? Do not forget to share this with a Cake lover you know. It is time to give something new a try and put a smile on someone’s lips. I am securing my unborn children and a future man with this recipe; I don’t know about you.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa