“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream, and that is pretty much the same thing.”
If you have never tasted ice cream, signify in the comment section. Nobody would signify because everyone reading this has tasted ice cream at one point or the other. This implies that ice cream is one of the sweetness of the world.
Ice cream keeps getting expensive as the economy grew higher, as a result of this, some parents had to put ice cream on hold for their children. It hurt the kids and this is why I will be sharing with you these homemade ice cream recipes I’ve learned from my sister.
It is a great privilege having a caterer in the family because I am always opportune to stay with her to taste every new thing she gives a trial. In this blog post, you will be given 2 different ice cream recipes, you can try out any of the 2 to make yourself and your kids happy.
Recipe 1: Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
To make a homemade vanilla ice cream, all you need is Condensed milk, cream, and any vanilla ice cream. However, the cream must be a type with fat of at least 25% to 40%.
- 1 can condensed milk or milkmaid (about 392 grams)
- 600 ml cream with at least 25% fat (whipping cream, or heavy cream)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place your bowl, cream, and condensed milk to chill in the fridge overnight,
- Add the condensed milk and your vanilla extract into a bowl you will use for mixing and set aside,
- Pour your chilled cream into the bowl that has been left in the fridge overnight, then begin to whip with a hand mixer, whisker, or an electric blender. Whip until it is soft (this depends on your type of cream),
- Scoop the whipped cream into your condensed milk, or pour the milk into your cream (whichever works for you),
- Mix by stirring appropriately, until both are blended,
- Pour into a container and place into the freezer to freeze for 8 hours or more. Once it is chilled or iced, it is ready for serving with any toppings of your choice. This can last for about 10 days.
It is easy, isn’t it?
Please note: you can get a whipping cream for your cream, but you will need to add little water for mixing. Whatever measurement you will be using is dependent on the quantity you are making.
If you will be using ⅓ amount of condensed milk tin, then you will need 200 ml cream. So for ⅔ amount of the condensed milk, you will need 400 ml cream, however, if you’ll be exhausting the whole tin, then use 600 ml cream. Your measurement of vanilla extract can be in your preference.
Recommended Content: Is Cabbage Good for Weight Loss? 8 Benefits of Cabbage Juice
Recipe 2: Ice Cream Custard Base
To make this, the needed ingredients are Corn starch, Corn flour or Custard powder (any of these 3 within your reach), milk, vanilla pod or extract, sugar, and cream.
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour/custard powder,
- ¾ cup of sugar,
- Vanilla pod or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract,
- 1½ cups or 360 ml of cream,
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of milk.
- Add sugar and your corn starch or flour or custard into a pan,
- Add your milk and vanilla pod or extract into the same pan,
- Stir adequately until the sugar melts and it is free of lump,
- Cook on a low heat and continually stir (The cooking is to get it thickened), you can dip the tip of the spoon into it, if a thin layer is formed on the spoon, then it is thick, but do not overcook,
- Filter it and after it is cool, put in the fridge to make it chilled,
- Bring out and whisk with your hand mixer for about 2 minutes, then set aside,
- Your cream must have been chilled overnight, so bring out and add to the bowl, mix until it is soft,
- Scoop the whipped cream and add into the cornflour custard,
- Adequately mix or blend until it is uniformly mixed,
Then Ice cream is ready. You can put it into a container to chill in your freezer overnight.
Note: Do well to taste as you mix, if you still fill the taste of cornflour, kindly add more milk
You don’t have to be in the Catering line to enjoy all of this, all that is required of you is constant practice. The first trial might not come out well, but upon practice, you will get better. With this recipe, you can make ice cream for yourself or for your kids to be taken to school.
If you will give this a trial, drop a comment in the box section, and do not forget to share this recipe with others.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa