Today we’re going to teach you how you can easily make Butter cookies in your kitchen with this easy recipe to guide you all the way through.
Well, this is Christmas season and Butter Cookies are one of those classic Christmas cookies that everyone loves. This homemade version is far better than what you’ll find sold in stores during the holidays if you want to taste that level of delicious!
Butter Cookies are a crisp and tender, rich and buttery cookie and they’re perfect for gifting. They have a rich buttery flavour and a satisfying crisp-tender texture, and anytime a chocolate dip is involved no one can turn them away.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup (185g) unsalted
- Butter (softened)
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
To Garnish: Either with Sugar or melted chocolate.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium to high speed until it’s fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Form dough into a 12 inch (2inches in diameter) on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up dough in
- Chill dough on a baking sheet until firm, at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut enough slices to your desired shapes with a heavy knife to fill 2 ungreased large baking sheets, arranging slices about 1 inch apart.
- If garnishing with sugar, sprinkle it on the slices.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes, switching the position of sheets halfway through baking until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Your butter cookies are ready.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa
See also: How To Make Savoury Meat Pies
Looking for a custom-made style for you, your wife/hubby or kids? We’re here for you..! Contact us today to have us tailor a dress for you.