Give your pancakes or other boring desserts a special twist? Coconut caramel sauce is a special creamy, rich, and vegan-friendly sauce. It is different from the regular caramel sauce, with coconut giving its special flavor. The coconut caramel sauce can be drizzled over snacks like popcorn, used as a batter in muffins, and as a fruit dip. It can be used with almost any food or dessert. Having it homemade will be one of the best decisions you ever made.
Ingredients for the Creamy Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla: For this recipe, you can use either vanilla paste or extract. Though you can decide to use any, the paste is much stronger. (1/2 teaspoon)
- Milk (1 Cup): coconut milk and extract can be used to get the coconut flavor. It is very creamy. If it’s regular caramel, you could experiment with other types of milk. Other types of milk may take a longer time to simmer (unless they’re handmade and have a thicker texture)
- Sugar: Any natural sugar you want. It could be coconut sugar or cane sugar. (1½ cup sugar)
- Butter (1 cup)
Recommended: Protein Shakes for Weight Loss Recipes
How to Make Coconut Caramel Sauce.
- Over low to medium heat, melt the sugar and butter in a pot. Stir to avoid burning. (Quick Tip: Melt your salt here as well for salted caramel sauce with coconut milk.)
- It will form bubbles, so stir while it boils.
- Take it off the fire, and add a cup of milk, vanilla, and coconut extract to the pan.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken before tasting and adding more coconut extract as needed. The caramel will continue to thicken.
- To make your coconut caramel sauce less thick, add more coconut milk until you get your desired level of thickness.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa
See also: Easy Honey Bundt Cake With Glaze Recipe