The beauty of every Human can also be seen in their hair, this is why some wouldn’t mind going the miles for their hair. I wish I can say the same for myself, although, ever since I started plaiting my hair again last month, I have never run out of Coconut Oil.
We all love compliments, this is why hair care is of utmost importance, and to be able to achieve this, there are different oils made available. Among these oils, Coconut oil is the most popular, however, recently, olive oil started competing with Coconut oil. This is why in this read we will be discussing both Coconut oil and Olive oils for hair. Let us dive in.
What Is The Difference Between Coconut Oil and Olive Oil?
Just as the name implies, the major difference between the two oils is their processing. Olive oil is extracted from olive seeds while Coconut oil is extracted from Coconuts. However, both have the similarities of being used for hair and skin. The hair properties of both are dependent on hair type, and suitability.
Benefits of Coconut Oil For Hair
Natural oils for hair has been on the rise over the years ranging from its advertisement by media, internet, friends, etc All of them tells us that it is good for our hair. Nevertheless, knowing which to settle for can be difficult, but it will be resolved after this reading. Now, let us discuss the benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil soothes dry scalp as it has moisturizing properties like vitamin E, Proteins, and minerals that boost the root of your hair and prevent dryness,
- It makes your hair shiny and soft,
- It takes care of hair problems such as dandruff, bacterial, lice, eczema, and fungal infection,
- It aids hair regrowth,
- It prevents your hair from damage, breakage, and split ends,
- It strengthens your hair follicles,
- It reduces hair loss as it makes your hair strong, healthy, and shiny if applied regularly,
- It can be used as a conditioner,
- It has antioxidants that can keep your hair from sun and chemical spoil,
- It works for hair thickening and management of curry, long or straight hair,
- It is best for natural hair growth,
- It is easily washed off with shampoo without any left off particles, etc
Recommended Content: How To Cook Nigerian Coconut Rice
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
Olive oil gives a more moisturizing effect to hair, especially to thick and curly hair. Its benefit includes;
- Olive Oil can be used for Hair therapy for massaging the scalp after washing your hair to prevent your hair from looking dry and dull,
- It helps care for scalp burns, cuts, wounds, and dandruff as it nourishes the scalp,
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It is best for regrowing and stimulating dry hair,
- It can be used as a moisturizer after hair wash, etc
Coconut Oil Vs Olive Oil: Which Is Better?
From that, I believe you will agree with me that both are good for hair care, although most people would pick Coconut Oil over Olive Oil any day and time, because Olive Oil leaves its particles on your hair, while Coconut Oil does not. If you are after getting your hair thickened, Coconut oil is the best option, considering it is not hair selective.
However, if you are not after getting your hair thickened, rather you desire only moisturization, then go for Olive Oil. Do note that the oil must be washed off after a short while.
Coconut Oil and Olive Oil do not have many differences, both are effective depending on hair needs, type, and suitability.
Move closer, let me share with you a little secret that must remain with us. You can mix both Coconut Oil and Olive Oil in an equal ratio for healthy hair. All you need to do is to mix both adequately in a bottle, massage with your hair and scalp properly, leave for 20 minutes and wash off, or after applying on your hair, wrap with a towel and leave overnight to be washed off at dawn. Your hair will be more shiny and beautiful.
Have you ever tried any of the two? Which is your best choice? Drop a comment using the box section.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa