Blueberry Lemon Cake is loaded with blueberries and every bite has sweet pops of juicy blueberry and fresh lemon flavour. It’s not too sweet and not too tangy, but just right. This is my favourite tea/coffee lemon blueberry cake and it’s easy, easy, very easy!!
Blueberry Lemon Cake is a special cake for everyone. Follow this step by step guide to start baking Blueberry Lemon Cakes for yourself anytime.
Blueberry Lemon Cake Ingredients
- 360 grams of All purpose flour
- 350 grams of white granulated sugar
- 113 grams of unsalted butter
- 120ml (1/2 cup) of vegetable oil
- 120ml of fresh Lemon squeezed juice
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
Procedures for baking Blueberry Lemon Cakes
Prepare your cake pan by lining a two 8″ pan with a parchment paper. Preheat your oven to about 350°F.
With your hand mixer on a medium speed,beat butter,oil,sugar and vanilla for about 2 mins till the mixture is creamy.
Into step 2, add in your eggs. Adding 1 egg at a time (Beatin the mixture after each addition till is well incorporated)
Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl(flour,salt, baking powder)
Into step 3, alternatively add in a part of the dry ingredients, milk and lemon juice ensuring you end with some portion of the dry ingredients. Add in the lemon Zest and fold in the mixture with a spatula.
Pour the batter evenly into the already prepared cake pans and bake for about 28 -32 mins or till a skewer/toothpick is inserted in the middle and it comes out clean.
NB: Please don’t over bake so your cake won’t come out dry.
Blueberry Filling (ingredients)
- 4 cups(600 grams) blueberries
- 1 cup (200 grams) white granulated sugar
- Juice from 2 large Lemon
Procedures on how to make Blueberry Filling
Into a sauce pan, combine blueberries,sugar and lemon juice. bring to simmer over a medium heat. Cook till the blueberries are softened and the sauce is thicken and reduced in volume. set aside to cool.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 226 grams of unsalted butter
- 226 grams of cream cheese
- 240 grams of icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Beat butter with the aid of an electric mixer till it is light and creamy for about 2 mins.
- Add in cream cheese,beat till is creamy and well conbined. add in your lemon juice and mix till is well combined.
Assembling of the cake
Cut each cake into two halves, place the first layer on your cake board or turn table. Pipe some frosting on the cake making the edge high and leaving space in the middle. Pour in your blueberries filling and place the next layer of your cake. Repeat procedures for the rest layers
Cover and smoothen cake with the remaining lemon cream cheese frosting, adding some blueberries and slice of lemon as the topping or your desire toppings.
Mmm fluffy, moist and seriously delicious… I hope you love every bite of this blueberry lemon cake.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa