Have you ever wondered how glazing on cakes are done? Well I will be sharing with you a simple recipe on how you can make your own mirror glaze right in your kitchen.
Mirror Glaze (Cake Glazing) Ingredients
- 15 grams of gelatin powder
- 80 grams of cold water(i.e.1/3 cup)
- 200 grams of white granulated sugar (i.e. 1 cup)
- 200 grams of glucose or corn syrup (i.e 2/3 cup)
- 150 grams of sweetened condensed milk (i.e 1/2 cup)
- 200 grams of real chocolate (i.e 11/4 cups of chopped chocolate – preferably white)
- Food coloring (preferred colors)
Pour gelatin into a small bowl and pour the cold water into the bowl containing the gelatin, allowing it to sit for about 3-5 mins.
Into a medium-sized saucepan/pot, pour in some water and bring it to a boil. Thereafter, place the sugar, glucose into separate small glass/steel bowl, place it on top of the saucepan on medium heat until the glucose-sugar mixture is fully dissolved.
Remove from heat and add in gelatin, stirring it together and set aside.
Into step 3, add the condensed milk. Thereafter pour the entire mixture over the chocolate, allowing it to sit for about 5mins.
Carefully stir the mixture alternatively, checking the temperature with a food thermometer, when mixture reaches 32C/90F, then it is ready for use.
If you are adding colour(s), this is the best time to do so.You can color the glaze in individual containers with gel food coloring.
Please note that it is important not alter the texture or constituency of the glaze. It may take a while to cool. Just keep Stirring carefully while waiting for it to cool.
Leave a Reply