What is Tahini Yogurt Sauce?
This is a savory dressing that can be used as a dip or a marinade. This creamy condiment is popular in the Middle East and the Mediterranean. It’s very simple to make at home.
It’s also very healthy, and it should be on your family’s menu as a dip for falafel and chips (sumptuous). Vegans could use tahini yogurt sauce as, a salad dressing or on vegetables such as cauliflower. If you aren’t vegan, use it as a marinade for chicken, salmon, lamb, and other meats.
How to Make Tahini Sauce with Greek Yogurt
- 1. Greek yogurt: While plain yogurt can be used, Greek yogurt adds a thicker consistency to your sauce. If you’re going to use it as a marinade, you can make it more watery.
1 cup Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2. Tahini paste: Tahini paste can be made at home using sesame seeds. In this recipe, you can use either hulled or unhulled sesame seeds. Unhulled seeds are more nutritious, but they are more bitter.
- 3. 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4. Cumin
- 5. 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6. Black pepper (optional)
- 7. Salt
Recommended: Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
Instructions for preparing Tahini Yogurt Sauce.
1. Simply bring all the ingredients into a bowl, then mix them together vigorously.
Note: Spices such as cumin, mint, and black pepper should be used according to your taste.
2. Serve your sauce on a plate.
For general fashion and lifestyle inspiration on Instagram, tap that Follow button – @stylishgwin_africa